My Unfair Lips

As an "Unfair" complexioned girl I has always been worried about which shade will suit me as (thanks to the intimidating social catcalls) I was always maintained that Light shades will do havoc to my look. This kept me to my closet till I reached by college and got myself aware to the teeming beauty of Shades...tones...hues..as an eternal Vignette.




With the growing eradication of color apartheid, new launches are emphasizing diversity and aim to appeal to women of all skin tones, rather than specifying Black, Asian or Hispanic.

I am obsessed with my lip perfection and I struggle to find an accurate shade and especially when I change my taste in versatile manner


Remember a healthy lip is the most gorgeous.Now the regimen I follow goes like this-

1. Start Anew

Exfoliate (I use almond oil & a pinch of salt) atleast twice a week.
Don't miss out on the balm. Lips are very sensitive and needs more pampering than other part of your skin

2. Avoid overdoing

We ladies are working all day night and especially with this hot and spiced up temperature over-pigment or shimmers are NO-NOs. Sparkle can come through the moisturized, healthy lip that you own. Metallics may not work in this climate



3.Perfect Liner

My liner is my lifeline for the perfect shape. Now choosing the color is a tricky matter. You may always go for 
- the exact same shade to just define
- A shade deeper to emphasis and glam up and even an ombre effect as a matter of fact
- A shade lighter to pout it up


4.The Right Shade Mission

Choose a bright shade to light up the mood. The secret is that the right shade is based on the Natural Color of your LIPS and NOT your skin tone. For dark lips hit right on Brick red and Burgundy, Naturally red lips may go well with Hot pink, orange or cranberry. Pale skin look good with cherry red or coral.


A few facts to consider-

If you're curious as to where you fall, consider the following:
  • Are you more likely to burn in the sun or tan? If you burn, your undertones are cooler. If you tan, your undertones are warm.
  • What does your foundation say? Most foundations/concealers/tints will tell you what tones they best suit, but if they don't, a Google search will probably point you in the right direction.
  • Look at the color of the veins on your wrist—blue usually means cool and green usually means warm, but if you can't quite tell, you might be neutral.
  • Once you've found your undertone, choose a lipstick with a complimentary coloring. Blue-toned lipsticks (think: deep classic reds) look great on cool faces, for example, while peaches and oranges are better suited to warmer colorings.


Well when I am in doubt I always hit RED...there is a red for every woman!

#antara #varnarup #style #red #lips #perfection #woman #unfair #skin #Beyou #pretty #always #beauty #care

Comments

Popular Posts